Wednesday 29 June 2011

Money Making Guide

As mentioned in an earlier post, one of my post level 60 goals was to get 1,000 Gold after getting as many blue and purple items as possible. Since I just reached this goal I thought it might be a good idea to come here and share some of the money making methods I've been experimenting with.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Ghost Colony Farming

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The ghost colony location is indicated below. Here you can gather up some ghosts and use AOE spells to tackle multiple enemies at once. There are two treasure chests nearby which can be looted periodically.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Once your bag is full you can run south to Farstrider Post and sell all the green/grey drops to the food seller, except materials which can be taken to the auction house. Once you've collected enough magecloth and super armour scraps take the teleport to Strangers Roost and use the bank chest to deposit your items. These are typical drops after one hour of farming:

  • 70 Gold - after selling drops to the food seller
  • 120 magecloth 
  • 60 super armor scraps
  • 40 volcanic ash
  • 10 vita spring drop
  • 5 demonic ash

Redtrophi Ant Farming
This is similar to Ghost farming in every respect except location and rewards. The best way to get to the ants is to teleport to Bulrinto Outpost and run north over the bridge. Once you see a large boulder run onto of it. From here you can jump directly down keeping close to the cliff edge so you don't take any damage as you fall. You will land near the entrance of the Ant cave, where you can begin farming. Once your bag is full I recommend using Teleport wings to get to the Suspended City and then teleporting back to Bulrinto Outpost, once you've sold all your green/grey items to the food seller there, except materials which can go to auction house. The location of the Ants and typical rewards after one hour of farming are shown below.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

  • 90 Gold - after selling drops to the food seller
  • 160 magecloth 
  • 40 super armor scraps
  • 5 volcanic ash
  • 15 vita spring drop
  • 25 demonic ash

As an occasional bonus, you may get a blue item which you can take to the auction house.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Colonel Symbol Farming
This method of making money is surprisingly effective if all the conditions are right. Colonel symbols can be farmed from the Barlock Lord who spawns in the great desert every 3 minutes. When killed efficiently it can spawn up to 20 times an hour. On my server the drop rate of the Colonel symbol is roughly 1 in 3, this may vary server to server. This means you can expect to get 6 symbols per hour (which I confined by experimentation). Colonel Symbols are used in professional level crafting. For Tailoring, this gives some of the best gear in the game for mages (Darkstripe gloves/hood/ shoulder pads). The materials to create these items cost around 5 Gold on my server and the Darkstripe gear sells for 25-50 Gold. Getting 6 symbols an hour gives an hourly profit of roughly 120-270 Gold. Although this sounds like a lot it can take several days to sell all the items you craft. The location where the Barlock Lord spawns is shown below, if he is not there then search the surrounding area as he tends to wonder quite far from his spawn point.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The best place to use a bank chest is in Strangers Roost, where there is also a mailbox and food store. Just run south and follow the road into the Sinskaald Rift.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Overall I tend to prefer the Ants method to make money, since it doesn't depend on market prices and gives consistent money. Let me know if you know of any better ways to make money in the comments section below!

12 comments:

  1. Hey I found the most amazing method of making money: First you need at least 1,000 Gold for this to be worth your while, any less will not work as well, but it still does a good job. I started with 550 Gold. Anyway... Go find a server where a specific item is sold really cheap. For example, I found a server that sells General Symbols for roughly 175 Gold PER STACK (5 Symbols). In my original server, they go for 175 Gold EACH. So I took my 550 Gold to that server (along with $5 of real money to buy the runes for the "migration") and bought 16 General Symbols. I went back to my home server (another 30 runes, and a week later), and sold them for cheap, only 150 Gold each. thats 750 Gold per stack. I made 2,350 Gold, which equals out to a 1,800 Gold profit. So Imagine what you could make with 1,00 gold :D I do this once every two weeks. One week in my server selling the items I buy, 1 week in the server where I buy them and back and forth, so far I have gathered 86,000 Gold and have only spent $10 of real money. I think that is amazing, especially since you can afford to spend a few hundred Gold to buy an iTunes card to buy more runes to migrate more, therefore it pays for itself, even if the iTunes card seller is a scammer, 200 Gold is nothing compared to 86,000 Gold... Anyway that's how I make money :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAH I tried that method ^ but when I got back to my server the prices for the item I was trading lowered more than half... I lost 200 GOLD!! WAAHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ He isn't #4... Which reminds me of something Barack Obama once20 October 2011 at 23:49

    I have to LOL at that ^. I made 12k in a couple weeks thanks Magestic

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya thanks magestic. that idiot iAm#4 is an idiot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thx for The guide. Just à comment to magestic, i have been at every 12 servers, and havent find that price. Så Mabe it doesent work with general's symbol anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Hey nice guide. Why have u deleted graybacks comment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, recipes from the elite lvl 60 knights north of bellshoal sell for 1700 - 3000 hold each on Android AF Server. Ghosts and ants suck. You have better luck farming and getting gold from elves. Wall of honor sells good on my server as does weapons and rings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow m8.., i had only 5g and wanted get some gold... I went to ant place tunnel kill them... I did it around 10g and dropped HAMMER OF HONOR! I thought it looks good and asked advice 1 dude automatically offered 1k... Just wow... I like ur farm place 1k in 10min thanks lot dude :D Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you need to be the mage class for these methods to work, or can you use any class? Please answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any class will do, just Mage is the most efficient because of his ability to quickly cast AoE attacks (Area of Effect) that damage all targets, good for pulling large amounts of mobs then laying waste to them easily. Although, any class will work, except for maybe a pure divine monk as their damage is a lot less than most classes. Otherwise, I can easily farm with my ranger, warrior or military monk (providing you bring along a few mana potions to counteract the mana usage of the mili

    ReplyDelete
  11. relly cool page i found there!!(;

    ReplyDelete